Acceptance of driven piles relies on the observations, documentation, and communication of the work by the on-site pile driving inspector. AFT provides inspection services that oversee the pile driving process from beginning to end. From pile delivery and safe handling, pile installation record documentation, to as-built measurements, and final certification. Our inspectors possess FDOT CTQP, NHI, and other applicable certification / qualification. Field inspectors are also supported by our Professional Engineering staff who provide final pile certification that the piles met the contract requirements.
Our pile driving inspection services include a review and understanding of the pile design, plans and specifications, contractor’s installation plan, and driving criteria. We show up with a strong working knowledge of the project conditions and construction process. AFT has the pile driving operation covered for you.
Here’s a quick list of what we do:
- FDOT CTQP, NHI, and other applicable certification/qualification
- Review project documents (plans, specifications, contractor’s installation plan, and driving criteria)
- Attend preconstruction/pre-pile driving meetings
- Inspection of piles upon delivery to site, during handling, and prior to installation
- Inspection of work related to compliance with Pile Installation Plan
- Inspection of pile driving equipment before and during operation
- Inspection of test pile installation
- Inspection of production pile driving
- Recording pile driving records
- Timely communication with the Engineer if unusual conditions are observed or a pile does not meet the driving criteria
- AFT Field inspectors are supported by our Professional Engineering staff who provide final pile certification that the piles met the contract requirements